Overwatch Security Group Defensive Pistol Training
Audience: Handgun owners or people who carry a pistol daily who are looking to advance their shooting skills, hone fundamentals, work though defensive pistol tactics and be challenged with realistic training.
Scope: This course is for handgun owners who want to learn proper/safe techniques of how to efficiently utilize their handgun in defensive situations in order to protect yourself, loved ones or co-workers. The instruction and practical exercises on the range will provide the student a solid skill set in defensive pistol manipulations, tactics, shooting fundamentals, and a variety of additional skills that will improve your handgun handling abilities. More experienced students will refine their current skill set in order to progress as better shooters.
Participants should be prepared to train in all weather conditions. This program can be challenging and participants should come to class with an open mind and a good attitude. With our personal approach to training, low student to instructor ratio, your skills will improve!
This is an 8-hour training day 8:00am to 4:00pm with 30 minutes for lunch. It is highly recommend that you bring your lunch as you will have no options within 15 mins of the range. It is also recommended you have snacks.
Areas of Instruction:
- Shooting and moving
- Weapons maintenance
- Multi Threat engagements
- Shoot/ no-Shoot decision making drills
- Basic shooting fundamentals
- Shooting positions
- Handgun safety considerations
- Drawing from concealment OR (dependent on student’s desire)
- Drawing from open carry
- Loading and unloading techniques
- Concealed carry techniques
- One handed shooting
Prerequisites and Physical Requirements
- Student should be prepared to train in all weather
- Student must possess the physical strength and stamina to fire their firearms in shooting drills.
- Student should be physically able to get up and down from standing, kneeling positions.
- Pistol in good working order with at least 3 magazines or speed clips for revolvers
- Belt mounted, dominant side holster that covers the trigger
- Magazine Pouch (available upon request, no charge)
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Cap with brim (baseball or boonie style)
- T-Shirt with crew neck collar (no V-necks)
- Long pants (no shorts)
- Jacket or vest for concealed carry
- Light hiking boots or running shoes. NO open toed shoes allowed!
- Hearing protection (available upon request, no charge)
- Wrap around eye protection (available upon request, no charge)
- Water bottle or hydration system
- Sunscreen / Bug Spray
- Foul weather clothing
- Note taking materials
- 500 rounds of range ammo (available for purchase at BRM with advanced notice)
**If you do not possess any of the above gear, or have ammunition selection questions, please contact Kevin as far out from the course date as possible**
- Knee pads
- Long sleeve ‘Sun’ shirt (can be button type)
The cost is $249 per person. Please click below to register or call 904-770-2745. A deposit will be required at the time of registration. Cash, checks and credit/debit cards are accepted.